Wednesday, February 6, 2013

In class Blog #4

My experience with the UWG catalog was much different than my experience in high school. There are many more books in the library at this college than in my high school. I went to a fairly small high school so there were not many books to choose from in the catalog called Safari. The keywords bring up different things as well. With more books, you can use many different keywords. This has been one of the biggest differences. The UWG also has more features to narrow your search down to find books that better suit your topic or what you're looking for. At a public library, they have many books but still not as many as UWG. Their system of looking up books is also different from UWG and high school.

I did have trouble finding books on my specific topic. Since gun control is so new, it was difficult to find information about mental health and guns. I really didn't find any new tricks to use that could help me very much. I really hope to learn more about this system for finding books in the UWG library.

No comments:

Post a Comment