Saturday, February 23, 2013

I think that bubble filters are bad. I agree with the Ted talk about it limiting our views. It keeps us in a tight bubble and doesn't allow our minds to expand or be challenged. Filter bubbles could inhibit my research by limiting what I'm exposed to. If the filters affect what I can and can't see, I might be missing something that could be important to my topic. I could also receive irrelevant results which do not help at all. I like the filter bubble suggestions. I think they are very useful and can help me make my results more relevant. I have already tried some of the suggestions and I believe that they have helped me search for better things and help me expand my mind. I hope the rest of the suggestions will help me even more as I continue my research.

4 comments:

  1. I also agree with you! Not being able to fully research our topic because of the filter will make us miss something very important for your topic or mine. We should be able to view what we want at any given time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that not being exposed to certain thing because of filter bubble could limit our research. I think the suggestion are very important. and I to think I will use the suggestion when doing my research on my topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the web is filtering what we get and how far our minds can expand. I also feel like with this being done this could hold back progress when doing research for our upcoming papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Emily. The filter bubbles do keep everyone in a tight bubble. I feel that a person may be missing out on a lot of information that could be useful because what we see is being determined for us if it should be viewed or not. I also agree that some of the information is very irrelevant and is not helpful at all.

    ReplyDelete