Wednesday, January 30, 2013

In class blog post #3

Our topic is about gun control. This is based on an article about Arkansas letting concealed weapons into churches. I am interested in this topic because my fiance and I are talking about buying guns for our house. He is very interested in hunting. Also, being in public, you don't know who may be about to shoot you so having a concealed weapon is for your own protection as well as the protection of others around you. I approach this from a nursing point of view because I am a nursing major. I can see the mental health side when purchasing a gun. Mental health evaluations are a big topic of debate currently, and I think i can make that fit with my major.

3 comments:

  1. My dad and I both enjoy hunting, so this topic kind of close to home for the both of us because we don't want to lose our gun privileges or have to deal with unnecessary restrictions just because of some mentally unstable people. I'd love to see how the psychology of the mind falls into play when dealing with weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is a very good topic because it relates so much to what's going on in our world currently. I also think that it's good that you are interested in it, so you will be thinking of it in a personal way. Being a nursing major is definitely going to help you focus on the mental health part and I'm curious to what you'll find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thin this topic is good. Having a gun is important for your safety. Most people have a lot of negative things to say about guns but if used properly i think its very useful when you need them. i think this would be a very good topic to research.

    ReplyDelete