Saturday, March 9, 2013

Annotated Bibliography

An annotated bibliography is a list of sources, such as books, magazines, articles, websites, etc., with a short summary about the source and a few sentences about how good the source is and how it helps in your research. So you will have a citation, then a few sentences summary, and a few sentences talking about how the source contributed to your research.

You are requiring us to write one of these because it will help us think about our sources and to really look into what we are researching. The information included will also help anyone who reads our research paper.

This can help me in my research project by requiring me to look and think about the sources I read. It will allow me to follow my topic closely and can help redefine my research question to be as specific as possible. The annotated bibliography can help in many ways to help me create the best research project possible.

3 comments:

  1. Good summary about annotated bibliography. I agree with how the annotated bibliography will help us with our research but allowing us to think carefully about the sources. It also will help you pick out the best resources as possible that will create a good thesis for your research project. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten about the fact that the information in a person's annotated bibliography would be just as useful to someone else, like a fellow researcher or someone interested in the same subjects, as it would be to the original author. Thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Post. I didn't think about how doing an annotated bibliography would help me focus more on my topic and help me carefully pick my sources.

    ReplyDelete